BPM and RPA Enhance Efficiency, Improve Workflows and Drive Results
Company growth, the introduction of new technologies, and emphasis on efficiency and running “lean,” have lead to a greater focus on business process improvement. QAI has the expertise to help clients streamline existing processes through Business Process Management (BPM) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) workflows, technologies and enhancements to create efficiencies in the way they manage and report information.
For every new project, QAI begins with a business analysis in which we go on site to document the project-related existing, or “as is” business processes. We then identify and document what the new solution can recreate, improve or eliminate, prior to performing a more in-depth analysis. Here, we look for elements including workflow purpose, key and missed steps, roadblocks and redundancies.
Then, we generate a document listing both the project requirements and the existing processes that would benefit most from modification via BPM and RPA. The documentation of the “should be” process incorporates the functionality the client desires, along with the process improvements that we would make. This document serves as an outline of a possible solution that all parties can review early in the design stage, and then continually adapt as needs and priorities shift during deployment.
As a result, our clients obtain a solution that not only streamlines their ability to manage documents and vital content, but also increases productivity and efficiency in their day-to-day business operations.
RPA Within SharePoint
Companies and agencies using RPA have an end to end process management, automation, and optimization solution. Automation options include:
- Document and map all the existing processes with Nintex Promapp
- Using a form built in Nintex Workflow – create a Nintex responsive web form and easily embed it into your website so that customers can visit and submit a request with a click of a button.
- Once the customer submits the form, the Nintex Workflow engine can take that data and create records (perhaps in a ticketing / case management system like ServiceNow or Microsoft Dynamics) and then assign tasks to people or Nintex Foxtrot RPA bots that may be needed to respond to the customer. Send automated notifications to the customer via email, text messages on their cell phone, or any other way desired.
- Combine customer data from legacy databases.
- Now all of the data from our ticketing system, the old database, and people in our organization (perhaps an internal product expert) can then be used to create rich documents (using Nintex DocGen™) or passed to other systems such as Salesforce or anything in-between to close the loop with the customer.
- Lastly, all the information about this workflow is stored in Nintex Hawkeye™ Analytics so that reporting and auditability (think dashboards, KPI’s, etc.) of the entire process is only a click away.
Nintex Workflow and Forms are cloud solutions. So, there’s no need to install anything on your computer or servers. On the other hand, Nintex Foxtrot RPA automates workloads that are inside your network on your desktop or server and will be installed right on a Windows PC. Nintex Foxtrot RPA removes the confusing piecemeal approach to provide a simple, transparent approach to helping you tackle your automation challenges.
Check out sister company, DocPoint Solutions’ video tutorial on how we are implementing RPA for our SharePoint customers to solve these problems.
Contact QAI to learn more about our BPA and RPA services.