We’ve already sent you an email with your Readiness Score.
Please check your inbox.
How Does the Readiness Score Estimator Determine Your Score?
The Readiness Score Estimator uses a five-point scale and four different performance rating categories to determine your overall readiness for M-19-21 compliance requirements on 10 core competencies.
|1 =||not started/not a priority|
|2 =||exploring our options|
|3 =||pilot projects in place|
|4 =||small-scale implementations in selected areas|
|5 =||fully implemented and operational across the organization|
Four Performance Rating Categories
|0-25||Not on Target
Your performance is far below target and fails to meet the minimum requirements for M-19-21 compliance.
Your performance is slightly below target and fails to meet the minimum requirements for M-19-21 compliance.
Your performance meets the minimum requirements for M-19-21 compliance.
Your performance exceeds the minimum requirements for M-19-21 compliance.
Ten Core Competencies
- Regular records management program audits, evaluations and frequent updating and validation of vital records inventory.
- Clear metrics and performance measures to validate records management effectiveness.
- Quick response and clear accountability for FOIA requests.
- Integrated internal controls to ensure the reliability, authenticity, integrity, usability and preservation of electronic records throughout the lifecycle.
- A clearly identified digitization strategy to convert permanent records created in hard copy or other analog formats to digital format.
- Integrated management of electronic records regardless of storage location (both on-premises and cloud).
- Automated systems for capturing, assigning necessary metadata and classifying electronic information as it is created or enters the organization.
- Incorporation of automated records management functionality into all electronic information systems.
- Documented and approved procedures to enable the migration of records and associated metadata to new storage media or formats as technology changes.
- Documented and approved policies and systems for eventual transfer of all electronic records to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).